28 Nov Executive Chef Wanted!
We are looking for an Executive Chef for our new concept Breakers Kitchen.
Breakers Coffee Shop is a cozy and stylish, lunch and brunch spot in Cap Cana in the Dominican Republic. Known for its homemade desserts, French bread with delicious toppings, Dutch waffles, and apple pie, it is a place that has become a household name in the area. With our new concept Breakers Kitchen, we want to take it up a notch. This location in Bavaro will have extended opening hours and a new menu that will also offer diner.
The Executive Chef gets the chance to define the menu with new and exciting dishes that will have everyone´s taste buds longing for more.
BASIC JOB DESCRIPTION
The Executive Chef is responsible for directing and administering the planning, together with the preparation, production, and control of all culinary operations in Breakers Kitchen. He or she continuously makes the effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability. The Executive Chef is responsible for performing all his/ her tasks to the highest standards.
JOB, DUTIES, AND TASKS
- Inspect supplies, equipment, and work areas to ensure conformance to established standards.
- Check the quality of raw and cooked food products to ensure that standards are met.
- Comply with nutrition and sanitation regulations and safety standards
- Prepare and cook foods of all types, either on a regular basis or for special guests or functions.
- Collaborate with other personnel to plan and develop recipes and menus, taking into account such factors as seasonal availability of ingredients and the likely number of customers.
- Modify menus or create new ones that meet quality standards.
- Determine how food should be presented, and create decorative food displays.
- Monitor sanitation practices to ensure that employees follow standards and regulations.
- Determine production schedules and staff requirements necessary to ensure timely delivery of services.
- Recruit and hire staff, including cooks and other kitchen workers.
- Instruct cooks and other workers in the preparation, cooking, garnishing, and presentation of food.
- Supervise and coordinate activities of cooks and workers engaged in food preparation.
- Demonstrate new cooking techniques and equipment to staff.
- Maintain a positive and professional approach with coworkers and customers.
Supplies – Equipment
- Order or requisition food and other supplies needed to ensure efficient operation.
- Check the quantity and quality of received products.
- Arrange for equipment purchases and repairs.
- Control food waste and make sure unused food is returned to the storeroom on a daily basis for credit.
- Estimate amounts and costs of required supplies, such as food and ingredients.
- Analyze recipes to assign prices to menu items, based on food, labor, and overhead costs.
- Meet with sales representatives in order to negotiate prices and order supplies.
- Record production and operational data on specified forms.
- Perform administrative duties
- Meet with customers to discuss menus for special occasions such as weddings, parties, and banquets.
- Demonstrable experience in cuisine for at least 5 years as Executive Chef.
- Age 25-50 years old.
- Excellent record of kitchen management.
- Ability to spot and resolve problems efficiently.
- Capable of delegating multiple tasks
- Communication and leadership skills
- Keep up with cooking trends and best practices
- Working knowledge of various computer software programs (MS Office, restaurant management software, POS)
- Professional training in Hospitality and Tourism, Quality, Nutrition, and Allergens, among others.
- High level of English, written and spoken. Spanish is an advantage.
- Immediate availability.
Please send us your (cv), motivation, recent picture, together with examples of dishes you made. Send to: email@example.com